It’s the morning after she first stayed the night. So what’s next? You make her pancakes, of course.
But not just any pancakes; you wouldn’t make her flat and/or burnt flapjacks, would you?. Here’s how to make her perfect ones.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, which are namely the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
2) In a large measuring cup, beat together the wet ingredients, specifically the eggs, buttermilk, lemon juice (gives pancakes that tang lost from modern packaged buttermilk), and butter.