This morning, I woke up with a negative attitude. It started last night, and I didn’t deal with it right then. So what happened? It didn’t get any better, not until I stopped and did something about it.
I was listening to several audio clips this morning and the overall message was-"Don't settle for 'good,' strive to be 'Great!'" What a great message! Just what I needed.
If all you focus on is just being "good" at something, you're only going to be average, fall short of your potential, and not feel satisfied with where you are or where you're going. If you strive for greatness, to be the best in your sector, to reach & exceed your goals, to set yourself apart from the crowd, working toward your true potential, that's when you're going to find success.
All of this is about attitude. Your attitude is determined by your thoughts. Thoughts are determined by what you consume either by what you read, listen to, watch, or the people around you. These inward thoughts then turn to verbal and non-verbal outward expressions. Then people around you can become infected by your negativity and it will just spread until someone does something about it to stop the cycle.
Successful People and AttitudeHighly successful people have positive attitudes. One could be tempted to say "yeah, I would have a great attitude as well if I were making a Million dollars a year." Do you think these successful people got to their financial status by having a bad attitude? The answer is "No". They understand the necessity of having a positive attitude. You cannot complain about something, or have a negative attitude about something, and expect anything to be accomplished.
How to change your attitude
- Be productive
- If you want to be truly happy, be productive.
- Read books daily
- Learn something new every day.
- Share your knowledge so other can benefit.
- When you teach someone something, you actually will gain a greater understanding of the material yourself.
- Exercise daily
- Train daily, not just physically, but mentally.
- Set goals and so whatever it takes to reach them
- Obviously within ethical boundaries, but write them down daily and do what it takes to reach them.
- Set goals 10x's higher than you believe it will take to accomplish them.
- Listen to Music
- Music that gets you pumped up
This isn't about staring into the mirror and just quoting Stuart Smalley saying "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit people like me." This is about a total change on your outlook of yourself, life, your success, your goals, and daily activities.
What I do to stay energetic, and have a great attitude
- Exercise ever morning.
- It doesn't have to be long, just 30 minutes of some exercise. Get your blood flowing, and wake yourself up.
- Train daily
- I watch videos, read books, and articles on sales – finance – investing – successful people – and anything else that can help me grow or expand knowledge in multiple areas of life.
- Take responsibility for every outcome
- Whether the outcome is good, or bad, I take full and total responsibility for it.
- I'm not entitled, I'm not owed or due anything. I have what I have because I created it, worked for it. "If it's meant to be, it's up to me."