We at Boss Royal love bacon. When we cook, we find ways to make it an ingredient. Like in this week’s dish, for instance – bacon mushroom risotto. It’s deliciously thick and creamy, and comes with bacon, which is all the reason you need.
For the uninitiated, risotto is an Italian rice dish cooked in a broth. Like today’s recipe, many risotto types have wine, which is actually a common way to cook rice in Italy. So hopefully, you’ve stocked your kitchen with it as well.
Here’s what you’ll need to whip up your own bacon mushroom risotto:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 5 strips of bacon, diced
- 8 oz. of sliced wild mushrooms (e.g. porcini, shiitake)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (e.g. Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 and 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
And here’s how to put it all together: