If you love having salmon, then you’ll enjoy salmon burgers. Like regular hamburgers, they’re high in protein and absolutely delicious. Their difference: salmon burgers have omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, making them a far healthier option.
(Looking for other burger alternatives? Try our turkey burger with a Southwestern twist.)
Take note, however, that salmon burgers are easy to overcook so you have to keep a closer watch when they’re on the pan. Overdo it and your burger will be too dry.
But don’t worry; we’ll show you how it’s done properly. Here’s what you’ll need.
- 1 (16 ounce) can of salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of dried basil