There’s nothing quite like the smell and taste of corned beef hash in the morning. It’s a type of dish with chopped potatoes and various other spices, and it’s glorious. Especially with coffee!
So here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 (12 oz.) can of corned beef, cut into chunks
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 cup of beef broth
In a large, deep skillet, over medium heat, put in the potatoes, onion, corned beef, and beef broth. Stir the mixture.
Cover the skillet and let the dish simmer until the potatoes are of mashing consistency, and the liquid is almost gone. This should take about 30 minutes.
Mix the corned beef hash well, then serve.
- You can chop the potatoes well ahead of time if you keep them in cold water so that they won’t brown.
- Cut up the corned beef into about the same size as the diced potatoes.
- For the perfect breakfast dish, top the hash with a fried egg. You can also sprinkle it with spring onions as a garnish.
- You can also include other side dishes like toast, hash browns, home fries (i.e. fried potatoes), or biscuits.
- To mix it up, consider using roast beef instead of corned beef.