It’s hard to recycle disposable plastic bottles. Out of the countless plastic bottles we consume, only certain types can be recycled. Unfortunately, most aren’t.
So we use reusable bottles when we go out to work or at the gym, except our drink doesn’t stay hot or cold very long. What to do?
This is why we’re interested in the Malko bottle, which will be launched on Kickstarter this June 20. According to Malko’s creators, the leak-proof bottle is made of stainless steel, and its insulation can keep drinks cold for 24 hours and warm for 12 hours.
Malko Bottle Specs
Here are the technical features:
- Capacity: 500 ml / 17 oz
- Height: 230 mm / 9″
- Base diameter: 698 mm / 27,5″
- Weight: 0.37 kg / 0,8 Lb / 13 oz
- Vessel: Foodservice grade 304
- Stainless Steel Ring: PP BPA free
- Lid: PP BPA free cover by grade 304
- Stainless steel vacuum insulated double-walled vessel
- Leak-proof seal for toting in a bag or purse
- Electro-polished interior resists stains and smells
- No paint, coatings, or linings inside
- Available in four colors: black, white, pink, and sky blue.
It certainly helps that the Malko bottle has a narrow mouth, which means you can drink from it while walking without getting water splashed on your face. Given the bottle’s small opening, however, we’re not sure how easy or difficult it would be to wash. Since it looks like you can only stick a couple of fingers in, you might need a brush to clean the deep end of the bottle.
Luis Benassi, Malko’s founder, shared that one of his team’s motivations for creating the bottle is that they realized the sheer amount of plastic bottles we all consume, and the risk it poses to the environment. Their aim is to reduce the number of disposable items we use worldwide.
The Malko team says about 200 plastic disposable water bottles are saved for every person who uses their bottle for 3 months. The Malko bottle is scheduled for shipment in January 2018.