Productivity lists are common these days (goodness knows I’ve done my share), but how do you sift through them all?
You’d need a list of the best productivity lists, that’s how.
Never fear – I’ve done all the homework for you, and compiled the best of the best productivity lists, in my humble opinion. Some of them are a bit old, but that’s because they’re good stuff, and many of you might have missed them anyway.
Protip: don’t read these all at once, especially while you’re psyching yourself up for the week. It could ruin your productivity.
That said, I’m hoping this will be a resource you come back to every now and then when you feel you need it. Bookmark it for later!
- Lifehacker: Top 10 Email Productivity Boosters. A must-read from the best productivity blog in the biz about the tech tool we all use, all day long — email.
- Lifehack.org: Top 10 Firefox Extensions to Improve Your Productivity. If you use Firefox exclusively, as I do, you’ll want to take a look at these extensions.
- 43 Folders: Merlin’s top 5 super-obvious, “no-duh” ways to immediately improve your life. These might be super-obvious, but they work.
- Dumb Little Man: Productivity Ninja: 101 Ways to Rock the Keyboard. Get super quick with the keyboard and fly through your tasks.
- LifeDev.net: 10 Ways History’s Finest Kept Their Focus at Work. How some of the smartest people solved a problem we all face daily.
- MakeUseOf: 8 Timeless Tips for Freelancers Struggling with Productivity. Freelancers are notorious procrastinators, but they need to finish the job, otherwise, they won’t earn.
- Life Clever: 5 simple steps to greater productivity. This is another one of those productivity lists with super-obvious tips that really do work.
- Wise Bread: 5 Efficient Ways To Boost Productivity. More simple tips, but a little different than your usual list.
- Scott H. Young: Twenty Unique Ways to Use the 80/20 Rule Today. Like me, Scott is a fan of doing the most with as little as possible, and here he shows you how to do that.
- Cranking Widgets: 6 Ways to Limit Interruptions at Work (That You Can Use Right Now). The title speaks for itself.
- Pick the Brain: 7 Ways to Grow the Action Habit. If you have the Action Habit, you’ll be productive. Thus, it might be the place to start your productivity rampage.
- Zen Habits: Top 10 Productivity Hacks. This is an oldie but a goodie.
- Life Optimizer: Top 10 Ways NOT to Become a Productivity Ninja. These are the obstacles to productivity — an interesting angle for looking at the topic.
- SuperheroYou: Essential Tools for Productivity. What you need to rock your tasks.
- Matthew Cornell: 10 GTD “holes” (and how to plug them). One of the earlier and better GTD bloggers, Cornell is now a GTD consultant and has worked with the system in the trenches.
- Entrepreneur: 15 Ways to Overcome Procrastination and Get Stuff Done (Infographic). Don’t put off reading this.
- Instigator Blog: Over 100 Great Productivity Tips. OK, 100 tips is overkill, but to be fair these tips are from many different blogs.
- Stephen Aitchison: 8 Ways to get out of the rut. It’s hard to be productive when you’re in a rut. Here’s how to get out of it.
- Organize IT: My Top 10 Productivity Blogs. Here’s where to go when you need your productivity fix.
- Dumb Little Man: The 20 Biggest Online Time Wasters, and 6 Strategies for Beating Them. You know you use some of these. Here’s how to cut back.