The last quarter video game storm is in full swing. AAA games (i.e. biggest-budget titles) are coming out simultaneously as people go on spending sprees during the year-end holidays.
This week, we’re featuring three giant names, all of which are releasing today. You’ve probably heard of them.
Assassin’s Creed Origins
The series’ last major release was 2015’s Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. Back then, Assassin’s Creed games came out yearly so the series clearly needed a break.
Thus comes Origins, which departs from a number of established features the series is known for. This includes the following:
- Combat in previous games used a predetermined animations system when you fight against enemies. Origins uses hitboxes which allows more realistic hit detection.
- Underwater action. In Origins, you can dive deep under oceans, rivers, and shipwrecks to look for loot.
- Crafting lets you improve your armor, weapons, and tools.
- A skill tree that lets you personalize how you play. Choose between hunter, warrior, and seer abilities.
- The eagle vision is gone, replaced by an actual pet eagle that gives you a bird’s eye view of the world.
- You can also tame animals to fight with you in battles.
Assassin’s Creed Origins is out for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.