Super Mario Odyssey
Odyssey is a return to open-ended, exploration-based gameplay that previous games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine are known for. This time, however, a few new intriguing mechanics make Super Mario Odyssey its own game.
- Cappy (Mario’s new cap) lets him take control of foes and use their abilities for combat or reaching hidden areas.
- You can also use Cappy as a temporary stepping platform to access hard-to-reach places.
- Collect coins and spend your stash on outfits to customize Mario’s look and explore the world in style.
- The Snapshot Mode lets you freeze time, change angles, zoom in, add filters, and take pictures.
- Play a variety of mini-games like RC races and skipping rope, then connect online and compare scores with friends.
- Play local co-op with a friend. One plays Mario, the other plays Cappy.
- The ‘Assist’ mode shows arrows to guide your way, and a quick return to safety if you fall somewhere dangerous.
Super Mario Odyssey is out exclusively for the Switch.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
It’s time to shoot up some Nazis. Again. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is the eighth entry in the series and sequel to 2014’s Wolfenstein: The New Order. So what’s new?
- There’s a heaping helping of new and improved foes, like laser-shooting Nazi cyborgs, pesky aerial drones, heavy soldiers, and more.
- Pump enemies full of lead while bound to a wheelchair.
- You can now dual-wield different weapons independently (e.g. pistol and shotgun).
- Ride various contraptions like the Da’at Yichud armored suit or Panzerhund robots.
- A cover system where you can lean around over and under cover.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is out for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.