- 2 oz. of cognac or gin
- 1 oz. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Champagne flute or highball glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Fill up the cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Put the gin/cognac, lemon juice, and sugar in the cocktail shaker, and shake it for until it’s well chilled. This should roughly take about 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a champagne flute or highball glass.
- Top off the drink with champagne. Stir the beverage gently, then garnish it with lemon peel and a cherry.