- 1 and 1/2 oz. of whiskey
- 3/4 oz. of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. of simple syrup (1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar)
- 1 cherry
- 1 lemon wedge
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail strainer
- Old-fashioned glass
- Make some simple syrup (i.e. sugar water). Carry this out by placing 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan, then heating it up on the stove.
- Once the sugar has dissolved in the water, take it off the heat and let it cool. You now have simple syrup.
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice, then shake it thoroughly.
- Strain the drink into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a cherry and lemon wedge.
- Serve and enjoy!