Heads up to baseball and rugby league fans – two major events are happening this week:
- The MLB World Series from Oct 24 (Game 1) to Nov 1 (if necessary)
- The Rugby League World Cup between Oct 27 and Dec 2
MLB World Series
If you haven’t heard, the World Series is Major League Baseball’s annual championship series. This year, the Houston Astros are playing the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The Dodgers haven’t been champs since 1988, while the Astros have never won the World Series. Both are hungry and we haven’t seen a matchup of 100-win teams since 1970, so this showdown should be fun.
Game 1 is today, October 24, at Dodger Stadium. According to Westgate Las Vegas’ Jeff Sherman, the 2017 MLB World Series odds are as follows:
- Houston Astros +120
- Los Angeles Dodgers -140
Here’s the rest of the schedule:
- Game 2 (Oct 25): Astros at Dodgers
- Game 3 (Oct 27): Dodgers at Astros
- Game 4 (Oct 28): Dodgers at Astros
- Game 5 (Oct 29): Dodgers at Astros – if necessary
- Game 6 (Oct 31): Astros at Dodgers – if necessary
- Game 7 (Nov 1): Astros at Dodgers – if necessary
Both teams have a deep roster that can score pretty much at will, although the Dodgers have an edge in pitching, thanks mainly to Justin Verlander, who shut down the New York Yankees during their previous series.
Interestingly, Houston made a whopping 238 home runs during the regular season. As it stands, the margin between these two teams is narrow so a seven-game series is likely.